Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station
Keep all your small to medium size devices and appliances charged with the Yeti 500X Portable Power Station. Designed to pack 20% more power into a 20% smaller and lighter shell than its predecessor, the 500X It is perfect for outdoor photographers, film crews, digital nomads and scientists who rely on power sources when on the move. It is easy to carry with a Monowalker hiking cart.
- Power a Wide Range of Devices
Yeti 500X is equipped with four different port options—including AC, 12V, and 60W USB-C PD—to power everything from phones to portable fridges.
- High-Speed Charging Solution
Equipped with the latest charging technology, including a high-speed Power Delivery port capable of charging USB-C laptops, tablets, mirrorless cameras, and phones in a fraction of the time.
- Experience Unlimited Power
Charge the Yeti 500X from the sun with our portable solar panels while away from the grid and keep it topped off from a wall outlet when you’re home. Featured MPPT charge controller ensures you’re getting the most efficient solar charge possible.
- Maximum input (180W): 3 hrs
- Car charger (120W): 4.5 hrs
- Wall charger (60W): 8.5 hrs
- Nomad 20: 29-58 Hours
- Nomad 50: 12-24 Hours
- Boulder 50: 12-24 Hours
- Nomad 100: 6-12 Hours
- Boulder 100 Briefcase: 6-12 Hours
- Boulder 100: 6-12 Hours
- Boulder 200 Briefcase: 3-6 Hours
- USB port (Output): 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- USB-C port (Output): 5/9V, up to 3.0A (18W max), Regulated
- USB-C PD port (Input/ Output): 5-20V, up to 3.0A (60W max), Regulated
- 6mm port (Output, 6mm): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- 12V car port (Output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max), Regulated
- 120V AC Inverter: 120VAC 60Hz, 2.5A (300W, 1200W surge) (output, pure sine wave)
- Charging port (input, 8mm): 13-22V, up to 10A (120W max)
- Cell chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Pack capacity: 505Wh (10.8V, 46.8Ah)
- Lifecycles: 500 Cycles to 80% capacity (Discharge rate: 0.2C, Full charge/discharge, Temp: 25C)
- Shelf-life: Charge every 3-6 months
- Management system: ‘MPPT’ charge controller, low battery protection
- Product SKU: 36100
- Chainable: No
- Weight: 12.9 lbs (5.85 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 11.25 x 5.8 in (19.05 x 28.58 x 14.73 cm)
- Operating usage temp.: 32-104 F (0-40 C)
- Warranty: 24 months
Question: Is it possible to charge any device directly with a solar panel when the weather is changeable?
Small USB devices, such as cameras and MP3 players, require 1-2.5 W of constant power to charge.
Our solar modules can easily deliver this amount of energy, even if the conditions are not optimal. Smartphones
and tablets have a higher energy requirement. Usually around 5 W of constant energy. A solar panel with a
nominal value of 7 W produces only 5 W in perfect sun conditions, and since smartphones are very sensitive
to their power requirements, charging can be stopped if the constant power supply is interrupted, eg. when a
cloud is in front of the sun.
For optimal operation, we recommend using a Goal Zero powerbank as a buffer instead of directly charging from the solar panel your device for the following reasons:
Heat and batteries are not compatible. Precision electronics should not heat up. When charging directly
from the solar panel, make sure that the device with its battery is in the shadow of the solar panel.The shadow of the inclined module is a good place. Do not store the devices next to the modules while charging. The heat would reduce the life of the battery
If clouds pass or the weather changes, the charging process of your device can be interrupted.
In such cases, it often happens that the phones or GPS devices reject the charge. This means that your devcice is connected but not charging. Goal Zero powerbanks ensure a constant charge regardless of the weather conditions. The chargers / battery chargers from Goal Zero are well-charged with Goal Zero solar modules regardless of the conditions – they never reject a charging attempt.
You may not want to sit in the sun if you want to use your phone while charging. Using a Goal Zero battery
allows you to be anywhere
You may use your phone or GPS device during the day and charge it at night. The solarpanel will not work at night, but the Goal Zero powerbank will work anytime.